Easy Delicious Starters to Prepare For Your Guests
There is no better way to introduce your guests to dinner than with some delicious starters. Starters are the little meals that you give before serving the main meals. A dinner party is not the only place you can serve starters, you can serve them at get-togethers, parties or at buffets. In short, they are served anywhere a heavy meal is planned.
There are thousands of starter recipes. You can opt to make simple ones, or you can go for the more complicated ones. Whichever you choose, they will serve the same purpose. One rule to adhere to is to ensure that whatever you are serving is healthy food. Here is one of the topmost recipes for delicious starters. These are easy to prepare and store. Read on to know how to prepare them.
Delicious starters – Bacon pastry pie
The ingredients required
- Softened tub cream cheese – 200 grams
- Five rashers of streaky bacon
- Milk – two tablespoons
- Grated Gruyere cheese – 50 grams
- Puff pastry – one packet
- Two eggs
- Two tablespoons of spring onion, chopped
How to prepare the Bacon pasty pie
- Preheat the oven to around 190°C. Grease ten muffin cups lightly. The number of the muffin cups could be more or fewer depending on your serving size. Take a large and deep frying pan and put in the bacon. Over medium high heat, cook it until it becomes evenly brown, drain all the fat present and set it aside to achieve the most delicious starters.
- Take the cream cheese, the eggs and the milk and place them into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat them using low speed until the mix smoothens. Add the spring onion and the grated cheese and set it aside.
- Take the pastry and slice it into ten rounds or into the number of pie tarts you are planning to make. Form rims of around 6 mm by pressing the pastry to the bottoms and the sides of the muffin cups. Onto the pastry-lined muffin cup bottoms, sprinkle half of your bacon. Then spoon around 2 tablespoons of the mixture of the cream cheese into every cup.
- Bake them in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the pies become golden brown or the filling sets. Use the remaining bacon and sprinkle it onto the tarts, then press the filling lightly. Remove the cups and serve your delicious starters – known as lækre forretter by Danish recipe and keep them warm.
The best thing about bacon pastry pie is that it is easy to warm. This means that you can cook it earlier in advance and then store it. When the time for serving comes, you will just warm it. Warming the pies is easy. Just wrap them in foil, and then heat them at 180°C for not more than 15 minutes.
This recipe mainly provided by Isabellas.dk, gives the basic steps you can apply. The ingredients are just a way to guide you through the whole process. You can use your creativity and apply different ingredients to come up with different tastes and flavors. Cooking is all about exercising creativity, testing different, unique flavors of dishes. If you follow the instructions in this recipe, you will cook delicious starters that are light and flaky.