Explore Australia in a Campervan
If you have always fancied taking an extended road trip and exploring every corner of this vast country, one of the most fun ways to do so is by driving across it in a well-equipped camper with a few of your closest friends for company. There are reputable campervan rental companies with depots in Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and other major cities, making it easy to find a suitable vehicle wherever you happen to be and drop it off at the end of your holiday without having to drive all the way back to your starting point.
If you have never travelled in this manner before, the following tips will help you to make the most of your adventure.
- Choosing the right vehicle – holidays of this nature can be great fun but it is essential that you have comfortable sleeping accommodation and room to relax if you are to be able to enjoy your journey to the full. With this in mind, it is a good idea to book a vehicle that has more berths than you will actually need, so nobody is wedged into a small corner and you all have plenty of space in which to move around.
- Planning your route – in order to make sure that you do not run out of fuel at an inopportune moment, it is important to plan a route with plenty of garages along the way. You will also find that you are able to relax and enjoy the trip more if you have a reasonable idea of where you will be every day and the distances that you will need to cover to see all the sights that interest you.
- Packing a basic first aid kit – no matter how well you plan your journey, there are bound to be times when you are far from the nearest hospital or clinic so you will want to pack bandages, plasters, sterile dressings and other essentials. If one of your group has the time to take a first aid course with a recognised provider, so much the better. The chances are, you will have a fantastic time and will have no need to worry about medical facilities whilst on the road but it is always better to play it safe.
- Holding a pre-holiday meeting – it is a good idea to arrange a meeting before you set off, to give everybody in your group the chance to voice any concerns they may have about the trip as well as any suggestions regarding places to visit along the way. Road trips tend to go much more smoothly and be more fun for all concerned when everybody has a say in the arrangements.
- Taking out comprehensive insurance – huge medical bills will ruin any holiday, as would the loss of all your belongings. Make sure that you do not have to worry about either possibility by buying a travel policy with a good level of cover for all such eventualities. If you are not keen on this idea, you should at least make sure that you have access to plenty of funds during your trip. A good travel insurance policy should cover medical emergencies, lost or stolen baggage, emergency evacuations and any delays due to missed flight connections that are not your own fault.
If you put a little effort into planning your road trip, you will be able to look forward to a fantastic holiday safe in the knowledge that if anything does go wrong, you will be able to solve the problem without too much difficulty and without having to spend a fortune in order to do so.
About the Author:
A company dedicated to providing a friendly service along with quality camping equipment, Travel Car Centre is one of the leading providers of unmarked car rental and campervan hire in Sydney.