Role of MBA Professionals in Today’s Competitive Business Environment
A degree in MBA gives a strong understanding of many aspects of business operations. Those who studied business administration have numerous options to look for in the job industry. The article discusses about the importance of MBA in today’s competitive business environment.
It is true that markets change, technology advances with giant strides, globalization has changed the business world and the Companies are increasingly looking for specific skills and generic, the two together in the same professional. Occupations related to operating a successful business require a bachelor’s degree in business administration. Such studies relate to business issues, such as administration, management, human resources and finance.
The overall objective of the Master’s degree is to train professionals in the field of management and business administration at a higher level in business. In this sense, the postgraduate courses offered at the management schools in India are aimed at equipping the students with the specific skill sets, which can fit in the current business scenario. On the other hand, MBA also seeks to foster ethical and social responsibilities of the individuals. The program is designed to follow two objectives, which are providing quality postgraduate training in order to meet the requirements of the knowledge society and complementing the capabilities and skills acquired in undergraduate teaching.
A number of management colleges in the national capital, Delhi, offer MBA courses. Some of the most popular among them are:
- Faculty of Management
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT)
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies
An MBA degree helps the candidates to shape up a great future. Following are some of the career prospects of MBA professionals: A degree in MBA equips a professional to:
- Start businesses that generate values.
- Generate and innovate strategies and programs that promote profitability and competitive position of organizations.
- Integrate business information and experiences, both internal and external, to design processes to ensure market competitiveness.
- Use the skills required in the implementation of management practices that favor making effective business decisions.
- Apply specialized technologies and cutting-edge information for the operation, marketing and decision-making.
- Evaluating and implementing globally competitive management models.
- Manage the administrative process in companies of all types.
- Build credibility in their relationship with the environment according to ethics and morality of the profession.
- Ensure good organizational culture.
- Manage and cope with the changes.
- Ensure the development of a real organizational culture.
- Seize opportunities.
- Capable of strategic planning, evaluating projects, designing and operating policies & procedures for organizational management. Decision-making by ensuring that financial resources are used appropriately to achieve effective management of working capital.
- Having a clear dominance of modern management techniques and management applied in all kinds of organizations.
In the recent years, MBA has become a requirement in most of the businesses and professionals from different fields like engineering, legal profession, architecture, tourism, medicine, nursing as well as other graduates and professionals with an interest in business. There is a strong demand in the Indian job industry for the professionals having an MBA degree as they have a certified knowledge of management.
Author Bio: Rashmi Karan writes for Shiksha.com, a foremost name in the arena of education, offering solution to all education related queries and dilemmas. Explore to learn about professional courses available across different colleges and universities in India.